* PRICE INCLUDES SHIPPING * Ted Byfield, editor and driving force for the creation of 'The Christians: Their Two Thousand Years' passed away in 2021 the night before Christmas Eve. He was 93. In addition to this remarkable book series Mr. Byfield published another 12-volume hardcover history series called "Alberta in the 20th Century" in addition to six other book titles. Before his book-publishing career, Ted began as an award-winning newspaperman who then founded Christian boys schools across Canada famed throughout North America for its rigorous voyageur-style outdoor program where teenage boys would canoe, snowshoe and dogsled for hundreds of miles each school year. After that, Mr. Byfield set his sights on reforming the media by establishing a string of conservative Canadian newsmagazines, the most famous being Alberta Report, which helped shape Canada's conservative movement and permanently redefined the nation's political landscape. To document this remarkable life journey author Jonathon Van Maren interviewed Ted in depth and many who worked with him over the last five years. Page Count: 256 Pages (Hardbound) Size: 9" high, 6" wide, 1" deep / 22.9cm x 15.2cm x 2.5cm Weight: 1lb / 0.454kg
* PRICE IS IN U.S. DOLLARS AND INCLUDES SHIPPING * "The Time Is Now" is the third of Ted Byfield's trilogy of booklets on the Culture War. The pivotal battleground, he says, is neither the courts nor academe. It's the media, where an effective Christian presence is almost non-existent. He says it's imperative that such a presence be established, and he advances a plan on how this can be done. Page Count: 72 Pages (Soft Cover, Perfect Bound) Size: 8.5" high, 5.5" wide, 0.2" deep / 21.6 cm x 14.0 cm x 0.5 cm Weight: 3.3 ounces/94 grams ISBN: 978-0-9869396-5-5
* PRICE INCLUDES SHIPPING *
Subjectivism in the schools: Can we destroy it before it destroys us?Simply stated, the fundamental principle behind the education revolution makes it appear absurd. To seriously teach an entire generation that there was no such thing as good and bad, nor true and false, nor beautiful and ugly, to dismiss these imperishable values as "mere feeling," is to invite a social, political and cultural calamity of inconceivable dimension. Fortunately, two avenues offer escape from their doleful subjectivist influence... Page Count: 75 Pages (Soft Cover, Perfect Bound) Size: 8.5" high, 5.5" wide, 0.2" deep / 21.6 cm x 14.0 cm x 0.5 cm Weight: 2.7 ounces/78 grams
* PRICE IS IN U.S. DOLLARS AND INCLUDES SHIPPING *
The dawning rediscovery of the pastA resurging popular interest in history on the Web by youth alludes to a suspicion that they are not being told the whole story in school. They are keen to rediscover what caused those peoples who collectively called themselves Christian and together created a seismic shift on the world political stage. It is this rediscovery of history and our Christian heritage that could inspire the next generation to restore the western world to its former glory and beyond. Page Count: 39 Pages (Soft Cover, Staple Bound) Size: 8.5" high, 5.5" wide, 0.2" deep / 21.6 cm x 14.0 cm x 0.5 cm Weight: 1.9 ounces/54 grams
We would like you to get a better sense of the what awaits you in this remarkable series: The Christians: Their First Two Thousand Years. To that end we invite you to PRE-ORDER "The Christians Calendar for the Year 2024" with a suggested donation of $10 (but any amount, including zero, will be humbly received with thanks to you and our Lord Jesus Christ). This free service is made possible from generous donations to SEARCH: Society to Explore And Record Christian History, which has registered charitable status in both Canada and the United States. We are currently taking pre-orders for the 2024 calendar, which will be available in late November. Click to see low-resolution PDF Version of the 2024 Calendar.
General One-time DonationSociety to Explore And Record Christian History is dedicated to:
- Researching our past from an ecumenical Christian perspective.
- Raising awareness of the importance of Christendom's story on the societal well-being of every living soul today.
- Researching historical events impacting the Christian world.
- Educating Christians on their cultural heritage and effective writing.
- Making the books available to schools and libraries who may not otherwise be able to afford them.
- Translating the books.